PDA

View Full Version : I Miss...

MSG Glenn
08-01-2015, 09:34 AM
...the evening & weekend gab fests on this site. I miss all of the stalwart seasoned members like ArmyGirl, Doc, Exo, Dibblejr, Chief Starkey, Nightflyer, Tacky, Papachop, Stay Frosty, Bunker, Alpha Sniper - the list goes on & on. I miss all of the young eager young men on DEP waiting to leave for BCT or OSUT & those young folks waiting to enlist with & without problems. I miss counseling them with all my heart especially those going into Special Operations. I miss coming online & finding my PM inbox full of messages. I miss being IN the Army but this was a good productive substitute. I can't believe I've been retired for 14 years & 5 years from security work.

I miss all of my friends & now that I'm in the evening years of my life I may never talk to them again. Those memories will stay with me until the end.

MSG Glenn

MSGDay
08-03-2015, 02:35 PM
How about me? My feelings are hurt.

Have any idea what happened to them? Or where they went?

MSG Glenn
08-04-2015, 05:25 AM
Actually I missed a lot of people in that list. This site was extremely active a number of years ago. Many migrated from another site that went down.

I remember when I was doing plant security & I'd leave my office for a patrol & would be back in about 45 minutes. The same discussions would be going on with a few more people added.

I have no idea where they went or what happened to them. those who were waiting to go to BCT left & never gave any updates. Then we got hit by lots of spam so a lot left because of that. I'd get up at 0500 to start deleting spam but if I missed a day due to reason or another (I still had a life outside of ArmyForums.com, LOL) the site would be filled with spam messages & it would take me an hour to delete & ban. It was enough to scare people off.

I always wonder about those who had Ranger or Special Forces contracts. Did they make it through selection? Did any hints I gave them do any good? Then there were those who went on deployment. Never heard from them again. I suppose they moved on to better things or were too busy being Soldiers to participate.

babynology
01-13-2016, 04:43 AM
Hello. This is the first time for me to visit your forum. I Proud of Indian Army

MSG Glenn
01-13-2016, 07:37 AM
Welcome to Army Forums.com!

Every Soldier should be proud of the Army he serves in. What is you job in the Indian Army?

CWO Sharkey
01-16-2016, 12:01 AM
...the evening & weekend gab fests on this site. I miss all of the stalwart seasoned members like ArmyGirl, Doc, Exo, Dibblejr, Chief Starkey, Nightflyer, Tacky, Papachop, Stay Frosty, Bunker, Alpha Sniper - the list goes on & on. I miss all of the young eager young men on DEP waiting to leave for BCT or OSUT & those young folks waiting to enlist with & without problems. I miss counseling them with all my heart especially those going into Special Operations. I miss coming online & finding my PM inbox full of messages. I miss being IN the Army but this was a good productive substitute. I can't believe I've been retired for 14 years & 5 years from security work.

I miss all of my friends & now that I'm in the evening years of my life I may never talk to them again. Those memories will stay with me until the end.

MSG Glenn

I miss them too Top. This use to be an active forum and thread. I don't know if getting an active account is easy now. I let one of the posters on another forum test here.

MSG Glenn
01-16-2016, 07:16 AM
I think Jared has blocked a bunch of IPs. I had a few people complain about not being able to sign up, though. Maybe it's spam prevention. Spam has been pretty quiet lately. Probably because the site is so slow. I go on the old Armyforums.com, now called ArmyReal.com & there is little or no activity but spam still appears there. I'm still listed as a mod so once in a while I delete the spam there just because I can, lol. Spike shows up once in a while & that guy from Finland, too. Very little conversations but a post here & there.

I have to wonder about those people I mentioned in my OP. Those that wanted to join the Army - did they succeed? I know some were in the process of leaving for BCT/OSUT & that's the last they were on. I suppose the site served its purpose & is no longer needed by them. Did those who were leaving for deployment make it back okay? How are their careers doing? The last I heard from Papachop he was up for promotion.

The Army is not as popular any longer or the Military in general. That's keeping lots of new people from signing onto Army sites. That & the fact that it appears patriotism has to be at an all time low. I notice that in young people love of country just isn't there. The liberal press has seen to that. Political correctness is going to be the death of us all especially when we can't even call the enemies of our Nation for what the are without being called bigoted & racist. Even so I arm myself every day. I live close to an area where even 13 year old thugs are armed. So far Milwaukee hasn't any Islamic violence but we have quite a few mosques here so you never can tell. It seems that that those places are the ones that have radicalizes some terrorists. I give you that Army Major (Hassan?) who turned out to be the Ft. hood shooter. Another case of political correctness overlooking a potential killer who turned out to be a killer. Wisconsin has a few Islamic encampments in out of the way places & very secluded. I'd love to be a fly on the wall there, lol.

As an aside - did you know that most explosives & gunpowder is made with pig materials? (Gelatine & glycerine). It's a given that no explosive vest suicide bombers will see allah & get his 72 virgins. Even gunshot residue will do the trick. Shoot a gun, RPG or mortar & it's guaranteed they'll enter islamic hell, lol.

Rant complete.