PDA

View Full Version : Chief-Q, Congratulations..

Nightflyer
03-24-2010, 01:58 PM
just want to say a few things, first, congraulations, and a shout- out to Chief-Q to CWO2. It's Greatly deserved. Secondly, for the record!! you're a cool dude and a great Officer. You've been much helps to newbies/ cruits / Soldier's and the likes..

just want say Thank You!! for you're years of Service and Leardership and the big help you've been to us ALL over the years. Much respect from the troop and proud grunts.

:cool:
Night

dibblejr
03-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Now no longer a Mr. and a true Chief. However being from the USMC I always refer to him as Chief, too many people dont know the difference.

Congrats Chief on the advancement.

CWO Sharkey
03-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Thank you soldiers. I dont know if you saw my name in the Army Times but I appreciate the well-wishes. I will always be a mister and was being called a chief when I graduated from WOCS lol. Servicemen sometimes just see the dot and default to the term chief. Either way, I am happy for the raise lol.

Armymom09
03-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Congrats WO2 LQ! Are you going to hang around long enough to get that 5? :)

MSG Glenn
03-25-2010, 04:32 AM
I already sent my congrats via e mail but I'll do it again.

Coming from the Navy the term "Chief" is hard for me to call an officer. In the Navy & Coast Guard a Chief is a Chief Petty Officer starting at E-7 to E-9, an NCO. I got used to it, though.

CWO Sharkey
03-25-2010, 05:51 AM
I already sent my congrats via e mail but I'll do it again.

Coming from the Navy the term "Chief" is hard for me to call an officer. In the Navy & Coast Guard a Chief is a Chief Petty Officer starting at E-7 to E-9, an NCO. I got used to it, though.

lol. Again, I am in a joint environment so I am walking around my work area and I see two navy chiefs coming towards me. They salute me and say "chief" and I salute back and say "chiefs" lol.

What do they call Chief Warrant Officers in the Navy?

MSG Glenn
03-25-2010, 06:23 AM
Usually "Mister" then their last name. Otherwise I don't know. I ran into very few of them & I can't think of any in either the Submarine Service as I knew it then or UDT. When in doubt "Sir" would suffice.

CWO Sharkey
03-25-2010, 06:57 AM
so in the movie MISTER ROBERT, he was a warrant? lol

MSG Glenn
03-25-2010, 07:32 AM
In the Navy in those days (I believe the custom might have been eliminated) all junior officers were referred to as "Mister", including Warrants & Lt Cmdrs. (equivalent to Majors). Most of the time LtCmdrs were referred to as "Commander" which was actually one rank higher, equal too LTC in the Army. I think Mr. Roberts was a Lt(JG) equal to a 1LT in the Army. I've also heard junior Marine officers referred to as "Mister" but not as prevalent as in the Navy. Midshipmen & Cadets are also referred to as "Mister" in all branches. I have no idea what female junior officers are reffered to in the Navy. I never served with any. "Mam" would probably suffice when in doubt.

Exo1
03-28-2010, 07:56 AM
Congradulations on the pay rise Warrant Q!!.. Another step up... :)

Exo

proudarmymomtexas
03-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Awesome, Mr. Q...........CONGRATULATIONS. :)