PDA

View Full Version : April is Month of the Military Child

ArmyGirl4ever
04-01-2010, 06:59 AM
Check your local communities (for those not near a military installation, you can check out National Guard and Reserve units who might be celebrating).

Check this site for more information for what it is all about!

http://www.myarmyonesource.com/ChildYouthandSchoolServices/MonthoftheMilitaryChild/default.aspx

ArmyGirl4ever
04-02-2010, 02:33 PM
During the month of April 2010, to show military children we recognize their sacrifices and appreciate the role they have in military families, soldiers Angel would like to send each child with a parent who has served in OEF or OIF a gift of our esteem and love.Children can select from a dark-blue silicone bracelet wit...h the Soldiers' Angels logo, or a dog tag (includes keychain adapter) with a raised Soldiers' Angels logo and the Soldiers' Angels mission statement (click below for detailed views). http://soldiersangels.org/gift-for-month-of-the-miltary-child.html

CWO Sharkey
04-02-2010, 11:17 PM
I sure this on AFN. Kids are so cute and how much they miss their parents. Soon I will be holding mine again. I will soon be on parole lol.

Armymom09
04-03-2010, 06:46 AM
Thanks for sharing the ArmyGirl! I got an email from SA but hadn't looked at it. Next week is drill, so great timing for the info to go out.

ArmyGirl4ever
04-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Thanks for sharing the ArmyGirl! I got an email from SA but hadn't looked at it. Next week is drill, so great timing for the info to go out.

Just remember it's for OIF/OEF Veterans.

Armymom09
04-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Her unit was deployed 2 years ago, so that covers the majority of them (and probably all that have kids). I'll make sure I note the clearly.

CWO Sharkey
04-04-2010, 02:47 AM
If a unit served in Kuwait they are not OIF/OEF veterans unless it says on their orders. Couple of soldiers that I knew that served in Kuwait do not rate the Iraq or Afghan campaign medals since some actually PCSed to Kuwait or Qatar in support of their missions.

ArmyGirl4ever
04-04-2010, 07:14 AM
Soldier's Angels is such a great organization, they aren't even requiring that you tell them when you deployed or where when you feel out the registration. They are totally going on the honor system.

There are limited quantities but I know they will send them to as many as they can.

Armymom09
04-04-2010, 08:22 AM
I'll make sure it's clear to everyone. There's 3 units at my daughter's armory, and all 3 were deployed to Iraq in the last few years. Most of the new Soldiers are either young college students, or former active duty (lots of Marines Q!).

Soldier's Angels is such a fantastic organization! I mention them to everyone when the topic arises.

ArmyGirl4ever
04-04-2010, 08:25 AM
I'll make sure it's clear to everyone. There's 3 units at my daughter's armory, and all 3 were deployed to Iraq in the last few years. Most of the new Soldiers are either young college students, or former active duty (lots of Marines Q!).

Soldier's Angels is such a fantastic organization! I mention them to everyone when the topic arises.

That's awesome, it will be a special treat for their kids..my kids always loved getting gifts from their dad!:)

Armymom09
04-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Did you know about freedom team salute? The funding just got cut, so its now defunct. They sent out cool pins and stickers to parents, children and spouses of active, or to retired Army. It was just a nice surprise for families. Shame it got cut.

ArmyGirl4ever
04-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Did you know about freedom team salute? The funding just got cut, so its now defunct. They sent out cool pins and stickers to parents, children and spouses of active, or to retired Army. It was just a nice surprise for families. Shame it got cut.

Yes, I was a Freedom Team Ambassador in TX for a couple years. Not even money coming in for a very worthwhile cause.

Sad indeed.

CWO Sharkey
04-04-2010, 01:09 PM
cool avatar pic lol

ArmyGirl4ever
04-05-2010, 05:45 AM
cool avatar pic lol

Yeah..yours is pretty, uh, interesting too!

CWO Sharkey
04-05-2010, 06:50 AM
Yeah..yours is pretty, uh, interesting too!

lol HOOYAH!!

MSG Glenn
04-05-2010, 07:23 AM
I don't think I'll get that bumper sticker, Chief Q.

ArmyGirl4ever
04-07-2010, 06:45 AM
United Concordia is proud to once again recognize and support the "Month of the Military Child" in April by sponsoring a Web-based random drawing.

http://www.tricaredentalprogram.com/tdptws/info/mmc-information.jsp

CWO Sharkey
04-07-2010, 08:57 AM
lol Top.

Yes, I have Freedom Salute stickets from my days as a Guardsman.