View Full Version : My soldier husband abandoned me and my kids, and I got an eviction notice today.

05-20-2010, 07:00 PM
My husband is addicted to presciption drugs, is faking injuries to get the drugs, is faking to get medboarded, and last week abandoned me and my our 5 month old daughter. I have no job (housewife) and no money. He has cleaned out our bank account. He spent our tax return buying oxycotin's and he moved out, I have no idea where. I was served with eviction papers today. I didnt even know the rent wasnt paid. I am scared, and dont know what to do. I am afraid of my husband, and I am afraid that if I go to his Chain Of Command, that they will tell him I was the source, and he will hunt me down.
Is there anyone that knows my rights help me?


Posted by a friend of this spouse.

05-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Your best bet would be finding a shelter for battered women. While you may not have been physically abused, if you are in fear of your life from him, they will help you. I would also suggest considering an Order for Protection\Harassment Restraining Order (what you can get depends on your state of residence).

Local law enforcement would also be able to offer advice.

MSG Glenn
05-21-2010, 03:50 AM
She have to notify his chain of command if you want to get what the Army owes her by being married to him. Let them know that he's a threat to you. I really can't see him NOT knowing who told them. It's either that or homelessness & starvation. Check with some agencies in your location. Maybe the Salvation Army can help with at least referring you to someone.

He sounds like a piece of shit. I hope the Army nails him. It seems that he needs some jail time.

Of course this thread sounds like a bad soap opera so I'm taking the whole thing with a grain of salt, the sceptic that I am.

Grunt Medic TXARNG
05-21-2010, 04:17 AM
Well 'friend' - the spouse needs to contact Army Family advocacy and the unit chain of command TODAY - they will help her get things sorted out. There are lots of resources out there - she just has to let them know she needs them.

I wish her luck.

05-21-2010, 04:35 AM
First let me start out by saying "Good riddens to your deadbeat husband/ father". Next do as everyone else has said and contact his unit so you can get what is owed to you. Also tell them about his misuse of perscription/ illegal drugs. Tell them your story. His unit or WTU (if he is in WTU) can take appropriate action to make you feel a little safer or refer you to someone that can.

There should be a Family Advocacy somewhere on your post. Most Army posts also have links to abused spousel sights and can help you get there.

Best of luck with your deadbeat hubby, hopefully after this he wont get anything more than a Big Chicken Dinner from the Army.

Also as mentioned above go to local authorities and apply for a restraining order. (takes about 2 days for the order from start to finish)

05-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Yeah, really. You maybe in a hard fight today. But you're better off in the long run. Don't give him a pass when he comes running back. Friggin' dead beat. Take the advice of the NCO support channel and their recommendations..Have a sit down with Chain Of Command, today..

Good Luck..