PDA

View Full Version : Care packages..

Nightflyer
06-20-2010, 07:54 AM
Hey my name is Nightflyer, my friends call me Night. I'm a Soldier/ student. If anyone out there has a Soldier on deployment or is about to be deployed. We have some stuff that was sent to us when we we're on rotation that helped make it easier for us. So we'd like to return the favor..

We have some old magazines and stuff that are cool..Hit me up with a PM and will get you're Soldier squared away.

easy rider- pin up girl
Biker- pin up girl
Iron horse
Guns and ammo
maxim- pin up girl
Street bikes
Road and track
Rolling stone
footballs
sponge balls
Wiffle ball and bat..
basketballs
Ciggs. lol.
books
old vid games
five CD players..
Posters
ect...
or if there's anything you're Soldier may need and you can't find it or don't have it. Hit us up and will try to get it for you. when it comes to looking out for our brothers and sisters. We're not screw ups. two four out.

Thank You ;)
Night

CWO Sharkey
06-20-2010, 09:00 AM
GruntMedic is the one that is currently still deployed.

Nightflyer
06-20-2010, 11:10 AM
GruntMedic is the one that is currently still deployed.

Yep, We gave Doc a shout out already. Thanxs, Chief..

Grunt Medic TXARNG
06-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks again for the offer - I'm just not gonna be here long enough to receive 'em. Thanks again!

Armymom09
06-21-2010, 03:06 AM
Babygirl's unit goes early next year. Several of my friends just got back with another of the NG units. Maybe send a PM to the other Armymom that posted hers was going for the second time very soon?

Nightflyer
06-21-2010, 03:20 AM
Babygirl's unit goes early next year. Several of my friends just got back with another of the NG units. Maybe send a PM to the other Armymom that posted hers was going for the second time very soon?

Oh, ok. A#1 mom, that's right. Thanxs, armymom m-9, I'll send her a pm now...

ScottyH21
07-07-2010, 05:03 PM
hey bro when i go over which with going into basic for infantry is pretty much a given i might look you up bro. those mags are all good ones but instead of ciggs how about some grizzly wintergreen pouches? lol

Nightflyer
07-07-2010, 05:58 PM
hey bro when i go over which with going into basic for infantry is pretty much a given i might look you up bro. those mags are all good ones but instead of ciggs how about some grizzly wintergreen pouches? lol

You got it ScottyH21, Keep in touch. That grizzly wintergreen is some damn good stuff bro, made to light you're mouth up like the 4th of July. lol. haha. Same way as my girlfriend. that's what I love about her. Haha.

It's All Good.. Some Great Stuff.

"Hail Hail The Infantry"...
"Hail Hail The Infantry"
Up in the morning, outta the rack.
Greeted at dawn with an early attack.
First Sergeant rushes me off to chow
But I dont need it anyhow.

Hail O' Hail O' Infantry
Queen of battle follow me
An airborne rangers life for me
O' nothing in this world is free

"One Two Three Four Hey"- "One Two Three Four Hey"-
A Run me some,
Run me some,
Run me some more Hey-
A Run me some
Run me some
Run me some Hey-

:cool: Thanxs, Bro. Hit us up with a PM..

Night

ScottyH21
07-07-2010, 06:13 PM
haha thats some badass shit ya man you know the charity bear has got me by the leash lol i love that stuff

MSG Glenn
07-08-2010, 03:49 AM
I like Grizzly & Timber Wolf, Grizzly being the cheaper of the two.

DerekB
07-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Can't go wrong with the grizzly wintergreen but u gotta go with long cut brother

MSG Glenn
07-08-2010, 11:46 AM
I definitely don't like pouches. If I want a big dip or just a pinch I have a choice. I get a lot more dips out of a can of long cut.

DerekB
07-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Oh most definantly

ScottyH21
07-09-2010, 02:35 PM
ya i used to do long cut all the time but its started ripping my gums away which is why i had to switch to pouches i mean i started dippin long cut when i was 16 should have expected the dip tooth to happen eventually but ya you cant go wrong with the charity bear man for sure.

MSG Glenn
07-11-2010, 07:03 AM
For those of you who use tobacco products I STRONGLY ADVISE that you wean yourself off of the stuff BEFORE you leave for BCT/OSUT!! Tobacco is strictly prohibited there. It can be mighty rough for the first week or so if you have a craving for it & can't satisfy that craving. That's a problem nobody needs there. It's already a life-altering experience without adding that.

My son had a guy when he was going through 11X OSUT that brought a bag of dip & cigarettes to his barracks after their first pass. He intended to sell the stuff & make some money as well as satisfying his own craving. He was disciplined & kicked out.

CWO Sharkey
07-11-2010, 10:56 AM
I remember the days when you can light them up if you got 'em or dip while attending basic.

MSG Glenn
07-11-2010, 11:59 AM
I also remember that Chief. Taking Navy classes & each desk with an ashtray (dippers had to supply their own cups) & the smoking lamp always lit. My instructor in Submarine School smoked the most obnoxious cigars all the while he was teaching. I can't think of anyone I knew who didn't smoke except for some of the southern farmboys who dipped.

13FMaloney
07-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Cope and Skoal for me

MSG Glenn
07-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Good stuff. Too expensive.

I have a good feeling in my heart for the Copenhagen Company. When the 82nd jumped on Grenada most of the troopers were short of dip. When they found out about it the Copenhagen Company shipped cases of Cope & Skoal & a few other products they sell free of charge on the first available cargo plane. The military was all too happy to make room on the aircraft & the Air Force was even willing to air drop it if necessary.

Grunt Medic TXARNG
07-11-2010, 01:39 PM
I just saw this story (clickable Link), "Tobacco mail ban may affect troops overseas (http://fortcampbellcourier.com/news/article_1ee2e5da-8acd-11df-a7bc-001cc4c002e0.html)" -

In short, if this law is implemented as written you may only mail tobacco to a Soldier by Express Mail - and the Post Office does not send Express Mail to Iraq and Afghanistan. All I can say is that my tour would have been a lot rougher if I hadn't been able to order in cigars to enjoy and share.

MSG Glenn
07-12-2010, 03:40 AM
For all of the faults that tobacco has I have to agree that it has a calming affect - especially for those who are hooked on it. lol.

papachop
07-12-2010, 06:28 AM
I just saw this story (clickable Link), "Tobacco mail ban may affect troops overseas (http://fortcampbellcourier.com/news/article_1ee2e5da-8acd-11df-a7bc-001cc4c002e0.html)" -

In short, if this law is implemented as written you may only mail tobacco to a Soldier by Express Mail - and the Post Office does not send Express Mail to Iraq and Afghanistan. All I can say is that my tour would have been a lot rougher if I hadn't been able to order in cigars to enjoy and share.

I don't smoke or dip, but THAT ticks me off.

Nightflyer
07-12-2010, 03:12 PM
LOL. It's a jackass rule /reg. It won't work. Comon' guys. All Soldiers need their 2 x 2 space and down time. I don't smoke cigges but I like a good cigar on a special day. It's still The American Way. The Red White and Blue- "Lucky Strikes". Some smoke- some chew with you're pals and troop is the best man, "Fire Watch" Haha ..

Booyah
:)

ScottyH21
07-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Wait What theres a law that says i cant get dip through the mail if i deploy HOLY SHIT what am i going to do now?! lol guess i have to stock up like crazy before.

Chief
07-13-2010, 01:47 AM
This tobacco ban law is great!!!

Nightflyer
07-13-2010, 01:48 AM
Wait What theres a law that says i cant get dip through the mail if i deploy HOLY SHIT what am i going to do now?! lol guess i have to stock up like crazy before.

Nahh, don't worry Scotty! will find away to get it through. I'll just say my family sent it and they didn't no better.

lol. It's not a law yet. ;)

MSG Glenn
07-13-2010, 07:23 AM
I gotta agree with the Chief but only when tobacco products are considered illegal substances. With all the tax that cigarettes bring we'll all be taxed to the hilt if that happens to make up for the loss. Let the smokers & users pay it.

Since I stopped smoking a half year ago I think tobacco smoke is bothersome but I tolerate it & spitting tobacco juice repugnant but I still do it. lol

Chief
07-13-2010, 11:10 AM
It is good that our youth can never buy it online again. Well at least it will be more difficult. I smoked for 18 years and quit 7 years ago. It is the best I have done in my life. I recommend stopping now to everyone.

MSG Glenn
07-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Amen to that, Chief!

I tell every young person about to enter the Army that they better quit & have shaken the craving well before their ship date. That "one more smoke while waiting to be leave" will certainly come to haunt them when they quit cold turkey as they'll be forced to do once they arrive at their BCT post. The first few days in the Army are traumatic enough without having to go through withdrawal.

I'm fortunate to have 3 kids whio absolutely hate smoking, unlike their old man. They'll certainly live longer than I will.

Grunt Medic TXARNG
07-13-2010, 12:42 PM
There's no preacher like a convert... but what about that pesky Constitutional right to liberty? Why should it be illegal for me to enjoy my cigars, just because others have decided they're unhealthy for me?

MSG Glenn
07-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Wait until they take on beef & pork. They're already on fast food. Milk is another thing that'll be chosen to eliminate not that our dairy farmers have enough to worry about. Granted - all of that can beconsidered as unhealthy. Even a very close diet that regulated my fat & sodium intake to a minimum didn't keep me form having heart problems from - you guessed it - cholesterol & sodium. According to the cardiologist & my GP I didn't smoke enough to matter; about a pack a week if even. So smokng didn't clog my artery then as it turned out.

Chief
07-14-2010, 04:25 AM
You guys say why should it be illegal? Well I am not sure but I say this.....we all have to look out for the greater good. Just because several people want to buy smokes or any other substance that has been proven to be harmful does not mean we are going to be irresponsible to our youth. We as a society have to do things to improve the MAJORITY. The majority of people do not smoke and actually hate the smell. Several states have banned smoking in any building.

In Puerto Rico, if you go dancing to a club and want a smoke you have to go outside and then try to come back in after the stogie. It will become increasingly harder to smoke 'em if you got 'em like in the past.

At least this law will prevent many underage kids from purchasing the tobacco online. That in itself outweighs any craving or desire any of us can have. We have to look out for the youth.

You want cigarettes or cigars or any other substances you just have to pack tight and take a years worth to Iraq or Afghanistan and pray to not get extended like I was.

Grunt Medic TXARNG
07-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Now I've seen the light... it's for the greater good, after all. We should also outlaw all forms of alcohol, as that would eliminate drunk driving wrecks and cut down on cirrhosis. We can also fine people who are overweight, and involuntarily commit them to hospitals for government supervised weight loss programs - since we all know that heart attack and stroke are the leading killers of Americans. It's for the good of the MAJORITY, after all...

OH - and when can we start requiring people to get a license to have children? We can't allow people to have kids who aren't fit to support them, after all. This requires another government agency, of course - all for the good of Society.

Nightflyer
07-16-2010, 01:26 AM
Alot of good points all around. I can see where us non smokers of ciggs would be all in favor of the new regs but I feel we should respect the Soldier's who do smoke also. The one thing about our Army that makes it such a great place to make a living is that we work as a team. We're from all walks of life and from different areas of our country blended together as one that you can't find in any other work place. lol. I bet them clubs in Puerto Rico are awesome. Since my dad retired from the Army and then the Army National Guard. My mom and dad can't get enuff of the place. They love it.. They've been there alot and their planning another trip to go back. lol.

Smoke free of course. ;)

Night

A#1Mom
11-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Hi there Nightflyer! I was wondering what you might still have to send in care packages. As you know my son is currently deployed & their belongings which were shipped B4 they left were hijacked. Could you contact me via P.M.? His C.D.'s , C.D player, DVD's & DVD player as well as other items were among these belongings. Thanks! Also there is another new Mom on the forums - maybe her son might like something also. She recently posted in the Families & Spouses Threads. TTYL

A#1Mom
06-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Dear A.J., Thanks for the reminder & info! Some people don't know where the term "CARE" package originated from; I had simply forgotten, I guess because it is used so generically nowadays!

BCheetham17
08-23-2011, 05:38 PM
I've been a dipper for about two years, just something I became accustomed to through sports and friends. But I've been trying to quit before I ship to basic in november. Not workin out too well. I've cut down to about two dips a day, but I'll still have a hard time without it in basic. Can't wait for that christmas exodus! haha

papachop
08-24-2011, 02:46 PM
I've been a dipper for about two years, just something I became accustomed to through sports and friends. But I've been trying to quit before I ship to basic in november. Not workin out too well. I've cut down to about two dips a day, but I'll still have a hard time without it in basic. Can't wait for that christmas exodus! haha

How about this - the Army is about to give you the opportunity to quit a habit that will lead to absolutely terrible things happening to your mouth. Take advantage of the opportunity, and don't start dipping over Exodus. ;)

Angriff
08-24-2011, 02:49 PM
How about this - the Army is about to give you the opportunity to quit a habit that will lead to absolutely terrible things happening to your mouth. Take advantage of the opportunity, and don't start dipping over Exodus. ;)

But at the same time, the Army draws people to dip and smoke from the stress.

MSG Glenn
08-28-2011, 12:58 PM
There is nothing quite like a dip to help drain off adrenalin after a hairy firefight. I'm not condoning it & if you can quit cold turkey do so. It probably saved my sanity several times.

MPclk2006
08-28-2011, 01:45 PM
But at the same time, the Army draws people to dip and smoke from the stress.

mmmmmmm, no it does not, YOU decide to dip or smoke by your own choice or "weakness"...I smoked when I first joined the Army and just like that quit it...have not smoked since...

BCheetham17
08-28-2011, 04:39 PM
There is nothing quite like a dip to help drain off adrenalin after a hairy firefight. I'm not condoning it & if you can quit cold turkey do so. It probably saved my sanity several times.
+1
It does help, personally, whenever I played a hockey game I popped one in after to cool down. I gotta stop before basic though =(

MSG Glenn
08-29-2011, 03:33 AM
+1
It does help, personally, whenever I played a hockey game I popped one in after to cool down. I gotta stop before basic though =( You certainly don't need withdrawal symptoms during your first weeks at BCT. I advise quitting as soon as you can.