PDA

View Full Version : Just to update on Son's shipping out....

A#1Mom
10-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Hi All! Just taking time to let you all know that I spent this past Monday with my son who is shipping out in few days. He was able to get a 4 day pass for the Columbus Day weekend. So he drove his car & other personals down to be stored here while he is deployed.. He got to see most everyone he wanted to ; and did get to his best friends wedding which was on Sunday; 10-10-2010... I drove him back to his base on Monday so we had the long drive up to be with each other. I'm back home right now. But I'm going back up to his base this weekend to see him off! Hope everyone else here is well. TTYL :)

MPclk2006
10-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Good luck to your son, he is one of the very few people in the US population that have the privilege to join the United States Army!

A#1Mom
10-14-2010, 07:02 AM
Thanks MP! I'm very Proud of him!! TTYL

Master Tanker
10-14-2010, 08:05 AM
Mom, leave your son alone for a while and let him settle into the Army system, he will need to be away from his regular stuff for a while and concentrate on his training. That's the advice I want to give you as an ex soldier and father of a guy who has been in the military himself. Yes, I know you mothers worry about this and that. My wife did. But there is little that can happen to him. Actually, it is more dangerous at home than in the Army (considering driving, working, travelling and so on) and on top, when you see him next, he will be slimmer and healthier.

A#1Mom
10-15-2010, 08:28 AM
To all of you on this site I'd like to remind you that I am Not a new military mother! My son is a SPC. & has been in the Army since February 2006! I'm going up to his base by invitation to see him off to Afghanistan- This is his 2nd tour overseas. I'm really upset that I am so oblivious to you that you do Not remember me; I was also on the prior forums site in 2007-2008. My son was in Iraq at that time & you were very comforting & helpful. And as I said back in 07-08 both my Brothers are Retired Navy Lifers. One is a Ret. LT. & the other a Ret. Chief Petty Officer whose oldest his son is a Sgt. in the Air Force at this time. So my son is already more than settled into the system & fully trained. I'm just getting the privilege of seeing him off to war this time around.

Christopher
10-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Good luck #1Mom. I wish I had the privilege of being able to see my Mother before I ship out.

MSG Glenn
10-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks MP! I'm very Proud of him!! TTYLYou have every reason to be proud.

Godspeed to him.