PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for care packages

SPCmom
11-11-2010, 06:26 AM
Hey! I'm new to this site. My son is in Afghanistan and I'm preparing his Xmas package. Do any of you have ideas of things you have sent that your soldier enjoyed, found very useful, or made the holiday special. When my son was in Iraq, itvwasnt during the holidays. Thank you in advance for any ideas.

A#1Mom
11-11-2010, 07:31 AM
Dear SPC Mom, Hello & welcome to the site! I am also a mother with a son deployed overseas for the second time. Both times have been during the holidays. Go with what you know he would like. I put in a stuffed reindeer which sang" Grandma got run over by a Reindeer", C.D.'s,books,travel games, candy canes with Reindeer food/ everyone takes care of Santa(we had a family tradition of sprinkling birdseed in our yard to feed the reindeer!); a friend got us started on this! I also put in small things that I'd usually fill his xmas stocking with. He's a mechanic & we always bought matchbox cars & legos for their stockings! And then there's the lottery ticket- one for the holidays & one for his birthday on Jan. 1st. This may not sound like much or seem appealing but the most imortant thing is that he gets a package from home which is filled with your love! Since you've been through this B4, you already know what the typical care pkges have. I haven't even started mine yet! But I know that my son will Love & appreciate whatever I send because it'l be from me. TTYL A#1Mom

SPCmom
11-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Thank you for your thoughts. I have a few things...Star Wars things that he liked growing up. Hard to send boiled custard ! :-). Really appreciate yore response.

CWO Sharkey
11-11-2010, 08:29 AM
I liked recent DVD movies and wonka candies ;)

A#1Mom
11-11-2010, 12:21 PM
My son is looking foward to a B & W Bakery Heavy Crumb Cake! This bakery's one of the Best in the Tri-State. Again another N.J. family tradition! I'll freeze it after wrapping in saran wrap for shipping. I hope this base has a microwave to heat it though!!!