PDA

View Full Version : Convince your parent to purchase "shooting" games?

nicecrew
12-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Since I am interested in joining the army, I wanna get Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising and Americas Army because they are the more realistic FPS's out there, but my dad will not let me. He doesn't like me killing people and thinks it is bad to play because people really do die in war and dont respawn like in a game.
Know I understand what he means, what he is saying is true, I just wanna play it because if I cant be i the army yet, I could at least do play a realistic game like it. If I join the army you do kill people too.
I was just wondering what insight any of you could give me as to what I should tell my dad to convince him to let me get the game or why i shouldnt get them.
Thanks nicecrew

Nightflyer
12-23-2010, 01:51 PM
ok, young man, start out with the "Call of Duty" (black Ops) and see if you're pop is willing to be you're teammate, tell you're pop, you prefer him instead of some russians.lol..

tell you're pop, The United States Army protects all the people out there from any bad footmobiles who would do us harm while doing our civic duty...

Tell you're pop, yes, we answer the Call and we're willing to defend the free rights and liberties of all it's citizens and belive in our US Constitution that pretty much says it all for the past 334 years...

Home of the brave..

This we will defend...

Merry Christmas kid, be safe...

nicecrew
12-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Aight, thanks man

Christopher
12-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Getting COD: Black Ops tomorrow. :)

boxer
12-24-2010, 08:11 AM
Getting COD: Black Ops tomorrow. :)

thats a BA game!!! i love it! i wanna play the new medal of honor though. i've heard its even better than black ops.

MPclk2006
12-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Flashpoint has very bad reviews, the game would be GREAT!! if it actually performed as its advertised...I didnt even bother playing from the bad reviews that it received...America's Army is OK, but I play Call of Duty Black Ops, Bad Company 2 and Medal of Honor (the new one)....how old are you? why cant you get a winter break job and pay for it on your own?

MPclk2006
12-24-2010, 08:22 AM
thats a BA game!!! i love it! i wanna play the new medal of honor though. i've heard its even better than black ops.

the new Medal of Honor?? the one in afghanistan? No, overall it is NOT better than Black Ops...the storyline for MofH beat the hell out of the storyline in Black Ops BUT, the multiplayer in COD is way better, so overall COD BO is better.

JackOR
12-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Since I am interested in joining the army, I wanna get Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising and Americas Army because they are the more realistic FPS's out there, but my dad will not let me. He doesn't like me killing people and thinks it is bad to play because people really do die in war and dont respawn like in a game.
Know I understand what he means, what he is saying is true, I just wanna play it because if I cant be i the army yet, I could at least do play a realistic game like it. If I join the army you do kill people too.
I was just wondering what insight any of you could give me as to what I should tell my dad to convince him to let me get the game or why i shouldnt get them.
Thanks nicecrew

This brings back memories. I'm torn on what to say here, my first instinct is that you are not old enough to buy these games for yourself then you need to respect your fathers decision. That being said on the other hand, his reasoning for not letting you play them is a little farfetched in my opinion.

I didn't like Black ops as much as MW2, sure the graphics were better but MW2 gameplay was better in my opinion.

nicecrew
12-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Well, i told my dad i understood and christmas eve he tells me he went out and bought it... it all worked out
What ever you have heard about Dragon Rising game disregard... its great and about the most realistic game you can play
I am also getting Rainbow Six New Vegas 2 (I try to play tactical FPS's only)
If you ever are looking for a match here is my gamertag: I play AA True Soldier: Demo, Bad Compnay, Battlefield 1943, RSV2, OF:DR, and Greg Hastings Paintball 2
JayNice Kid (xbox live)

cavscout93
01-01-2011, 05:51 PM
MoH is an awesome campaign game, but thats it, the multiplayer fails in comparison to BO.

Chaddiz
01-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Im a MW2 fan, I love the campaign as the Army Rangers.

Multiplayer lags a bit, but the campaign never gets old. fun listening in over the radio while playing the game :P

cavscout93
01-24-2011, 06:56 PM
maybe its your internet connection that lags, thats usually the cause. all in all, i wish i still had MW2, i might take black ops back and get it, all of my friends are still playing it. not BO.

photomedic
02-07-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm sorry it just seems that your father told you ..... "NO" and you cried for the game anyways using Im gonna join
in the future so I should practice killing now as an excuse.

Seems like you disrespected your father on this one and used the army as cause for intent
the training you get in the REAL army is far different from any video game
spend 3days out at a range pulling gaurd duty on some ammo in the snow and rain
then qualify with your weapon on the 4th day and clean your weapon on the 5th after a
20 mile road march back to base. 2ID Camp Casey taught me this neat training level that
I have yet to see in any game.

If you really want a game save your money and buy it yourself and
if your dad says he doesnt want you to play it
just give him that respect unless you pay the rent and just didnt mention it