PDA

View Full Version : My Opinion of Guantanamo

Red
01-18-2011, 04:45 PM
It's like something out of a Hollywood script. A piece of Cuba used to house foreign combatants and thus denying the US system of justice jurisdiction over the inmates. Clever! but totally illegal under international law....although I'm sure highly paid lawyers can prove otherwise.

JackOR
01-18-2011, 04:48 PM
why don't you post it is this thread :S ?? http://armyforums.com/politics/3235-your-opinion-guant%E1namo-bay.html

Red
01-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Because 'they' have blocked me from doing so!

Very soon I won't be able to post at all....sad but true!

JackOR
01-18-2011, 04:54 PM
What did you do to deserve that.

Red
01-18-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm using a cloak and they don't like it....So I went around them and answered you in another thread. It worked so you heard my opinion, otherwise you wouldn't have .....All this control freakery reminds me of the USSR ..its pretty scary coming from a so called free state

JackOR
01-18-2011, 05:00 PM
has MoReb taken over your account

Red
01-18-2011, 05:01 PM
LOL....Nope, how about yours?

Red
01-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Moreb is one of the so called mods ...Seen it all before ..have the T shirt so to speak ..maybe its you ..;)

JackOR
01-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Yes it's me

Red
01-18-2011, 05:07 PM
and you stopped me from posting for what reason?

JackOR
01-18-2011, 05:12 PM
I dunno you said 'Maybe it's you'....you never said what was me ;)

I have no power here but over myself

Grunt Medic TXARNG
01-18-2011, 05:41 PM
It's like something out of a Hollywood script. A piece of Cuba used to house foreign combatants and thus denying the US system of justice jurisdiction over the inmates. Clever! but totally illegal under international law....although I'm sure highly paid lawyers can prove otherwise.So... what do UK Soldiers do with prisoners they capture in Afghanistan? Do they bring them back to Jolly Old England to face British justice?

Red
01-19-2011, 02:08 PM
So... what do UK Soldiers do with prisoners they capture in Afghanistan? Do they bring them back to Jolly Old England to face British justice?No we let you guys take them to Guantanamo, we let you do the dirty work so to speak. The UK signed up to the human rights charter and now are no longer allowed to do anything naughty!....so we franchised that bit out to you guys and your splendid facility in Cuba.....

Exo1
01-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Lets not kid around on this.. Gitmo is a well run resource which strikes a balance between prisioner rights and the security gains we make by caging those animals there.. the truth can be harsh and often non PC

Spike
01-23-2011, 06:51 PM
The thing I love about the USA is they actually tell you where their POW camp is.....Now that's freedom of information!

Grunt Medic TXARNG
01-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Heh - it's not like Al-Qaeda is going to invade Cuba to attempt to rescue their guys - pretty smart thinking locating the camp where it can be publicly acknowleged, but not accessible!

Spike
01-23-2011, 07:13 PM
and more importantly housed outside US jurisdiction! ...Personally I don't give a shit..I'm just observing!

Grunt Medic TXARNG
01-23-2011, 07:29 PM
No, that's an excellent point. Since those housed there are prisoners under U.S. military control, I am quite certain that U.S. policymakers considered all aspects of holding prisoners there vs. other options. I had the eye-opening experience of working in the primary detention center near Baghdad when I was deployed to Iraq last year - Since I'm now off of active duty and we have handed over much of that facility, I feel comfortable stating that now. But I find it interesting to note that whe detain people in Iraq, in Afghanistan, and also depend on our allies to detain those captured and develop what opertainal intelligence they can in the process. No, it is in no way pretty or nice to keep men in a cage - but my conscience is clear, as I never saw a detainee mistreated while I was there, though I did see plenty of abuse heaped on my medics while they were taking care of them.