PDA

View Full Version : Need help with CPU

TheJudge
05-11-2011, 10:30 PM
I have a CPU with the worse virus ever it's so bad that I can't even get to my important files without the thing just freezing up. So what I'm asking is if any1 could help me out plz if your in Cali that would be alot better so we can meet up but if not it's fine. I'm tryna get it fixed before I leave for BCT of course lol

Radical_ED
05-24-2011, 02:21 PM
With out more detail I cannot help you a whole lot however I can suggest a way to get your files off without actually booting into windows. You would need a Live linux dvd inorder to do this there realy easy to make and work wonders. You actually will boot from the cd and not the hard drive allowing you to access the hard drive with out activating the virus allowing you to remove what ever files you wanted. here is a link on how to create the cd
How to make a Linux live CD | Linux for Travelers (http://www.linuxfortravelers.com/how-to-make-a-linux-live-cd)

alternitvely have you tried booting into windows safe mode? It will load only the necessary components and still allow you access to all of your files.

CWO Sharkey
05-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Easier way is to take the drive out and use a USB to Sata/ide adapter to access the files. You should have a friend or neighbor with computer skills