PDA

View Full Version : Military Life

MSGDay
06-05-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm writing my memoirs of my military career from 1957 until I retired in 1980. They are on my blog (http://lvcabbie.blogspot.com) and you are all welcome to drop by. Perhaps we met somewhere?

MSGDay
06-06-2011, 08:18 AM
For those of you who want to enlist and those who already have - to include old-timers - I'm writing to relate some experiences you will either go through or have been through. Back when I was in, we called 'em "War Stories" although a lot had absolutely nothing to do with war.
So far, I posted a short story of how I killed a man on a dark road outside of Mannheim, Germany in the early '60s.
There's another about crossing the Atlantic in a troop ship in 1958.
I posted the first part of my series describing my first day in the army and just followed that by my arrival at Fort Ord.

Again, all are welcome to drop by, read, enjoy and comment, if that's what you feel like.

MSGDay
06-16-2011, 09:48 AM
I did two things to my blog yesterday:

Renamed it from "Where to?" to "A Soldier's Stories" - I think that's far more apt for the contents.

And, I posted the Army's Daily Dozen Calisthenics anyone can use anywhere at any time. No special equipment. And, if you want to add a little more muscle, use some light hand weights.

All comments appreciated.