PDA

View Full Version : Getting closer....

SSG_K
08-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Well, after much heart breaking and patience wearing I'm just a few steps from Pre-Ranger, and Ranger School. The packing list ripped a whole in my savings (still trying to find 200-grain thinsulate cold weather boots....) and the physical has been a lesson in one of the seven deadly sins otherwise known as "Sloth," (thankyou Dante btw) as it has been a Bataan death march of paperwork and people sitting on their hands. Pretty pumped about it, although still mildly nervous I won't pick up enough tools to make it through but I need it bad ha ha ha. Shooting for a date of September 23rd for Pre-Ranger only time and paperwork will tell.

MSG Glenn
08-23-2011, 12:20 PM
The best of luck to you SSG. Pre-Ranger will give you a hint of what you'll be going through. If you have no problems there then you should do alright.

My son had the advantage of going through RIP & a deployment with the 3rd Ranger Batt & 75th Regt Pre-Ranger before he went to RS. He felt RIP was harder than RS but then again he was new to the Army at that time & everything was new to him. He was in supurb physical condition when he enlisted & even moreso when he arrived at RS. He thought Pre-Ranger was very doable, just a review of everthing he had learned being in the 75th.

Keep us updated.

Grunt Medic TXARNG
08-23-2011, 01:31 PM
The packing list ripped a whole in my savings (still trying to find 200-grain thinsulate cold weather boots....)
Try searching for 200-gram Thinsulate boots - since that is how insulation is measured. Grains are commonly used to measure weights of bullets and poweder, but not insulation.

Hope this helps!

SSG_K
08-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Found a somewhat cheaper outlet, just going to get fitted with one of the top three makers (rocky, belleville, danner) than head to eBay, shipping is my only concern, unit has placed a 30 day prior packet submissions on local schools. I've been given until Friday for the packet, next Wednesday at the latest so I may have to bite the bullet and shill out my favorite hard earned dollars on a pair of ridiculously over priced pair here in town ($165 msrp, to a $220 price tag on the shelves and before taxes....). Never thought Benning school for boys would have this problem, damned rackets....

UCPharmD
08-27-2011, 06:52 PM
Grains are commonly used to measure weights of bullets and poweder, but not insulation.

... as well as Armour Thyroid.

Exo1
08-28-2011, 03:45 AM
Well, after much heart breaking and patience wearing I'm just a few steps from Pre-Ranger, and Ranger School. The packing list ripped a whole in my savings (still trying to find 200-grain thinsulate cold weather boots....) and the physical has been a lesson in one of the seven deadly sins otherwise known as "Sloth," (thankyou Dante btw) as it has been a Bataan death march of paperwork and people sitting on their hands. Pretty pumped about it, although still mildly nervous I won't pick up enough tools to make it through but I need it bad ha ha ha. Shooting for a date of September 23rd for Pre-Ranger only time and paperwork will tell.

Best of Luck to ya... I hope it works out.. the course I hear is intense... commitment to give all is key... and how you handle the pressure is gonna factor into the instructors of you. They say working on fumes but gritting the teeth, digging deep and driving on into when youve nothing left in the tank to get the job done is the mark of a true Ranger...

Hope you succeed, and the best of luck to you...

Keep us posted...
Exo

SSG_K
08-29-2011, 01:58 AM
1SG/CDR signed off on my packet, went straight cue-ball (as per school policy) so my body could get used to the new dew, body temp has been outta whack since I got shaved. Fun Fact: plan extreme haircuts out alittle better..... Forgot I have my DA photo appointment in two days, gonna be looking like the poster child for the Ayrian nation for the SFC boards viewing pleasure.....