PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Forums

Christopher
10-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Hey all!

It's been a while since I've posted here. A little re-cap:

I enlisted last September and started BCT in March of this year. Went to AIT as a 91D and I am currently stationed in South Korea with my family (accompanied).

If anyone has any questions about anything (BCT/AIT, Korea, Command Sponsorship, etc) let me know and I will try an answer to the best of my ability.

:)

Angriff
10-11-2011, 02:23 AM
Are you at Casey?

Christopher
10-11-2011, 02:46 AM
I am at Humphreys

Angriff
10-11-2011, 04:41 AM
Ahhh down there. Too bad, should've been 2ID ; D

Angriff
10-11-2011, 04:44 AM
I was at Casey April 2008 - April 2010. Going back in December. Was single then, married now. Trying to get my wife Command Sponsored and it's a bastard to do. I started the paperwork back in July and got approved a short while after. But they said she isn't authorized to live in Area 1 (Casey) due to lack of medical resources so she has to live in Seoul. Now I'm waiting on a OHA waiver for her to get OHA for Area 2. They're saying it'll still be two months before it gets approved. I'll be gone by then. This process sucks.

CWO Sharkey
10-11-2011, 07:16 AM
I like that he writes. I am stationed with my family (accompanied). lol. I doubt you will out of pocket that expense trooper lol.

Welcome back!!

Angriff
10-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Lol yeah I noticed that too

Christopher
10-22-2011, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I know some people that did bring their spouses over Non-Command Sponsored though. I had 3 dependents to bring over though.

And about should have been 2ID. Not really a choice there obviously. I ended up in 65th Med Brigade.

winters
12-07-2011, 06:12 PM
How is Humphreys? I am slated to ship over there in March...

I've heard that a lot of the base is brand new...?

J_cannon850
12-08-2011, 08:26 AM
So if youre stationed in area 1, but your family is only approved to live in area 2, do you have to live apart, or can you live with them? Im not familiar with the different areas, or Korea what so ever.

I think Korea would be a cool place to be there for a bit, but I would be scared that my dogs may get loose and wind up as someones dinner!

MPclk2006
12-09-2011, 08:54 AM
You would live apart, they would live in Area 2 and you would work/live in Area 1, and you could go visit on the weekends...there is no way you could go home after work and try and catch a bus back the next morning for PT...

But it beats the hell out of not seeing your family for the whole year you are gone LOL...

Angriff
12-11-2011, 01:44 AM
So if youre stationed in area 1, but your family is only approved to live in area 2, do you have to live apart, or can you live with them? Im not familiar with the different areas, or Korea what so ever.

I think Korea would be a cool place to be there for a bit, but I would be scared that my dogs may get loose and wind up as someones dinner!

That's exactly what me and wife are trying to do. We put in her Command Sponsorship paperwork in July. Came back a few months later and said she's authorized travel, but only to area 2. Due to her depression. So now we've just been waiting on a waiver so she can receive the area 2 amount of OHA and not area 1. Been waiting since September for that lol.

And yeah MP is right. You'd just go and see her on the weekends. I don't see the Command having an issue with passes on that kind of thing. One of my old Section Sergeants had a car and just drove him every night and got back before curfew.

Hey MP I'm back in Korea lol. Still at Stanley though.