PDA

View Full Version : Help with child support issue...

MrsLili
07-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Deleted..fixing problem

ArmyStrongApril
07-24-2009, 02:46 PM
I may be mistaken but i think as long as youre paying it and youre not in contact with them and have no outstanding warrants or anything, then you should be fine. Just let them know that there was a change in your circumstance.

CWO Sharkey
07-25-2009, 05:54 AM
I have two children, but no custody. That was 14 years ago. I have not seen them since.
When I signed up, I said "no children", because I do not have any in my custody and I have 0% time with them. But when I went to M.E.P.S. for medical, I stated that I birthed two children, I did not lie about that. Now I go to processing for basic soon, do I tell them that this is a loose string something overlooked?
I am now paying child support for them. I don't want my recruiter to get into trouble because he didn't change the paperwork. There is no contact with their father and I don't know their whereabouts. I pay disimbursment to the state because I guess he applied for welfare.
If I tell them at processing all of this, I don't want to get into trouble, or get anyone else into trouble, I just want to join.
My question is, will they change it for me at reception or am I doomed to be held there withough proper paperwork?

Mrs. Lili (I am assuming you are married). I dont know why you are posing this question now. did you tell the recruiter when you were at the recruiting office? Obviously if you have a husband and kids; you need a waiver to enter based on the amount of dependents and you need to prove or give custody to another parent while you leave to training.

Fix it now and get it straightened out. You dont want to be kicked out later on a fraudulent enlistment.

This could be misconstrued as half-truths or purposely lying that you dont have kids to move fast in the enlistment process. Dont let those doubts cloud your enlistment.

Also you pay the state for child support but you havent seen your kids in 14 years nor have joint custody? Plus the father has sole custody and is possibly taking welfare? You dont have any interaction with him yet make this assumption? Anyway, what kind of mother does this? Something smells here but I am not the recruiter that might be burned for this and for some reason I feel sorry for these kids who I dont know nor seen.

Lastly, I hope that some recruiter that works in El Paso sees this and can wave the red flag on this.

CWO Sharkey
07-26-2009, 12:43 AM
Deleted..fixing problem

if you want me to delete your original post then let me know. I hope that things work out for you and good luck.