PDA

View Full Version : the rod stretcher

daddytattooed
10-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Long, long ago. In a kingdom far, far away?just kidding lol

Its not army related, but I found it amusing. I went to school for a while for auto mechanics in North Carolina and while I was there I noticed that every teacher played a game with every new class. They were all in on it together and surprisingly students didn?t talk about it like they were told. Every teacher had their own ridiculous object that they would send a student on to test their reason or whatever just to lighten the mood during really boring lectures. My favorite one was the rod stretcher. We were learning about brakes and alignments and the teacher picked this guy in class to go get him a rod stretcher from some teacher down the hall that had borrowed it from him. The kid quickly got up and left class. Everyone caught on after he left that there is no such tool and started laughing waiting for him to come back. It was almost the end of class by the time he got back and he was red with embarrassment. My instructor asked what took him so long to come back and he began to tell us how the teacher he went to said he left it with another teacher and then that teacher had just taken it to another and he continued until he reached about the 6th teacher. Each time he had told each teacher where he had previously came from, the 6th teacher had started laughing so hard he started to tear up and felt bad so he told the student he had been duped and sent him back to class. Every two months someone would get sent on a wild goose chase or someone would come into my class looking for some non-existing tool lol. Since I haven?t served before and my dad didn?t talk about the marines much I can only assume that I will face similar shenanigans at basic and I look forward to the funny stories I?ll have down the road.

Tankertobe
06-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Thats funny, but what if you know something about mechanics going in, I mean if you know that there is actually no tool in exsistance like a rod stretcher, or blinker fluid can you just be like no such tool Drill Sargent, I mean he would eat you a new a$$hole wouldnt he? Or do they want you to catch them on things like that, is it a test or just simply a joke? I know they want to teach you and want "stupid" people going into it so its there way. I dont know just seems like correcting them might be a bad thing, anyone ever correct a Drill Sargent when they are doin something like this? How did it go?

Nightflyer
06-04-2010, 12:58 AM
When you're NCO or Officer tells you to go fetch a ID-10-t form..you've been punked. lol..

MSG Glenn
06-04-2010, 03:33 AM
When I was a young Sailor aboard my submarine for only a couple of days I was told by my Petty Officer to get him a bucket of vacuum. I brought back a bucket full of light bulbs. He left me alone after that except for the time he asked for a left-handed wrench. I gave him one. :D

Grunt Medic TXARNG
06-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Too easy in the medical field - I've seen Soldiers sent to medical supply for a box of Fallopian Tubes! :rolleyes:

Exo1
06-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Too funny guys... Ive seen a newbe go to the Quartermasters office for a "sky hook" for the helipad.. LOL.. seriously dude... does our little camp look like an aircraft carrier!!!.. Too funny!!.. LMAO..

Nightflyer
06-04-2010, 06:40 PM
I need a suvalky valve and a fallopian Tube. It's in stock. Go get us one. lol. ha ha ..

:cool:
Night