PDA

View Full Version : This is what we have become

dibblejr
10-09-2009, 01:46 PM
I received this email through my AKO account, it was sent to me by one of my USMC friends that I havent seen since 1983 but spoke with on the phone a couple months ago.

After being in Japan for 9 years and being married to a Buddhist I feel that are American Politicians use the word "God" solely as a representation of Jesus Christ and his Father.

Everyone in the world (except Athiasts and maybe some other religions I dont know or understand pray or worship a GOD)

Below is a speech that was presented by a school Prinipal. The comments enclosed is partly what has become of our society. When I was in school we stood up everyday before the first class, placed our hand over our hearts and said "The Pledge of Allegiance", then a prayer was said.

Our Dollar still has "In God We Trust" on it. It does not say "In The Only God We Trust", "In Jesus Christ We Trust", or anything else. This simple statement can pertain to any God that anyone wants to worship.

Now for the statement;

This is a statement that was read over the PA system at the football game atRoane County High School , Kingston , Tennessee , by school Principal, Jody McLeod

"It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and Country."

Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a Prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law. As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it "an alternate life style," and if someone is offended, that's OK.

I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing condoms and calling it, "safe sex....." If someone is offended, that's OK.

I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a "viable! means of birth control." If someone is offended, no problem...

I can designate a school day as "Earth Day" and involve students in activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess "Mother Earth" and call it "ecology.."

I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom that depicts people with strong, traditional Christian convictions as "simple minded" and "ignorant" and call it "enlightenment.."

However, if anyone uses this facility to honor GOD and to ask HIM to Bless this event with safety and good sportsmanship, then Federal Case Law is violated..

This appears to be inconsistent at best, and at worst, diabolical.

Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone, except GOD and HIS Commandments.

Nevertheless , as a school principal, I frequently ask staff and students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst, hypocritical... I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add an intentional transgression.

For this reason, I shall "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's," and refrain from praying at this time.

"However, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank GOD and ask HIM, in the name of JESUS, to Bless this event, please feel free to do so

. As far as I know, that's not against the law----yet."

One by one, the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands with one another and began to pray.

They prayed in the stands.. They prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand and they prayed in the Announcer's Box!

The only place they didn't pray was in the Supreme Court of the United States of America- the Seat of "Justice" in the "one nation, under GOD."

Somehow, Kingston , Tennessee Remembered what so many have forgotten. We are given the Freedom OF Religion, not the Freedom

FROM Religion.. Praise GOD that HIS remnant remains!

JESUS said, "If you are ashamed of ME before men, then I will be ashamed of you before MY FATHER.."

Unlisted
10-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Separation of church and state. Schools are state facilities unless they are private. I think that's the way it's supposed to be. I want them re-separated because they truly aren't. Praying at the football game is just like praying in the classroom and it shouldn't happen in either.

My opinion has been stated.

dibblejr
10-10-2009, 02:30 AM
^^ Why seperate them? I think people these days need all the help they can get no matter what their religion. Most kids def. are not getting any morales from home or the parents.

If we would go back to the days before every time you whip your kids butt when they got out of hand someone calls the law or child services the crime rayes would go back down. Since that wont happen, prayer may be the answer.

Things wasnt so bad before the Seperation of Church and State. (It's all just political)

Some people dont even know that the National Anthem even mentions God.

The supreme court also has engravings of Moses and the 10 commandments.

daddytattooed
10-10-2009, 04:57 AM
Prayer isn't needed to teach kids morals. children that have never attended church still no whats wrong or right. what we need our more involved parents. i think the problem is caused by the invention of so many dissorders. like the idea that if your kids get out of hand dont beat them, just diagnose them with ADD and turn them in to ridalin zombies so you dont have to be a parent. My wife watches these nanny 911 shows on tv and the more you see the "problem kids" the more you realize how much was cause by the parents. some of the worst our the self proclaimed "good christians". I dont believe in God in the sense of the three revealed religions such as Judaism, christianity, and Islam; but as a deist i do believe in a God (its more like a force than something resembling a person). There is a major issue with the rest of the world seemingly making the mistake that we our a christian nation and people trying to bring prayer into the government, but like you said above we have God in many of our nations documents but nothing referencing Christ, Jesus, moses or anyone else from the bible.

i would even go as far to say that we were founded under the IDEA of Deism, but not as a religous country and that bringing religion into the government would progress our country backwards.