68W - Physical Therapy track
I'm scheduled to go to basic training on 12/29 and would like to know a few things before shipping out so I can either get a discharge or go for the 4 year commitment.
I've joined as 68W - Health Care Specialist. I'm coming in as an E-4. My main objective is to work in a clinical setting involved in physical therapy. Army apparently has 4 levels of training for physical therapy.
1. Is this training recognized in the civilian world for job qualification?
2. Does a 68W who does not want to be a combat medic and only wants to work with physical therapy still at risk for being assigned to be a combat medic?
3. What control do I have over whether or not the physician's assistant at my assigned unit will approve my training in physical therapy?
4. What if I am assigned to a unit where physical therapy is irrelevant to its operations?
5. Does the army have physical therapy in war zones (Iraq/Afghanistan) or only in the states?
I would greatly appreciate any help getting these questions answered. I've tried researching and there is no information that answers these, but I need to know the answers before committing 4 years of my life.
Thanks very much.
11-24-2009 06:53 PM